Who we are
We are Cablato Limited, also known as Cablato. This Privacy Statement sets out how we and our group companies, including Cablato Limited, handle your personal information (Cablato).
Cablato is registered office at 57 London Road, Hugh Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1BS with company number is 8959397 and VAT number is 215 4979 88.
- how we process personal data that is collected via our website; and
- how we process personal data when we display advertising on behalf of companies and their brands (the advertisers) on websites that sell advertising space.
How we process personal data that is collected via our website
What personal information we may collect from you
- You may give us information about yourself when you complete a ‘contact us’ form on our website; this may include your name and email address.
- When you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
For what purposes may we use your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to respond to any queries that you may have about our services
- to provide you with information about other services that we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about
- to inform you of our up-coming events
- for marketing and market research purposes
- to administer our website and help improve our services
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- to issue invoices, manage accounts and records and collection of payments and debts
With whom we may share your personal information
- with third parties who act for or with us, for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out above or for purposes to which you have consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal information in order to support our information technology or to communicate product promotions on our behalf
- where you have consented, we may also disclose your personal data to other businesses who may contact you about their services that may interest you
- to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our website
- to take precautions against legal liability
- in the event of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event
- with a potential or actual successor to us
When we may transfer your personal information overseas
Your personal information may be transferred outside of the country from which it was originally collected, for example for storage / hosting. All international transfers of personal information will only be made in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and will be protected by appropriate technical and contractual means.
How we will protect your personal information?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information.
Where appropriate, before sharing personal data with a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that personal information and to comply with applicable law.
What are your rights in respect of your personal information?
Citizens in the European Union have numerous rights under data protection law, details of which can be located on the website of the relevant data protection authority. The most applicable rights in relation to the information we collect about you are:
- a right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- a right to request that we do not use your personal information for marketing purposes
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal information rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
Who you should contact if you want to know more about exercising your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you or if you wish submit a complaint to us about how your personal information is handled
Please address any queries or complaints to by email to: email@example.com by phone to: +44 20 7298 278 or by post to: Cablato, 85 Frampton Street, Marylebone, London NW8 8NQ United Kingdom.
How we process personal data when we display advertising on behalf of companies and their brands (the advertisers) on websites that sell advertising space
What we do
Our main business is to display advertising on behalf of companies and their brands (the advertisers) on websites that sell advertising space. The aim is to make the advertising you see relevant and useful to you. This is known as “behavioural advertising”.
We also provide data driven re-targeting services. This means that we help our clients and advertisers to understand their customers buying habits online based on their previous activities on the internet.
We help our clients understand more about their customers’ interests, behaviour and how they interact with our clients’ brand online. This helps our client to spot emerging trends.
Can we identify you?
We make no attempt to identify you personally and we do not retain the information given to us by the advertiser; we use it as instructed by the advertisers who are under statutory obligations to ensure that you have been informed / have consented to this use as required by applicable law.
The cookies we use may allow us to recognise the device you are browsing from. Therefore, when you visit a website on which we have placed an advert your browser will send us its IP address. We may then use publically available database to ascertain your approximate location (e.g. your city or district). This information will then help us to determine what language the adverts should be in or whether you might be interested in receiving offers from shops and restaurants near your city or district.
There may also be times where we correlate and combine data that we receive from our advertisers and with our own data in order to ensure that the advertising that you receive is as relevant to you as possible.
How to prevent this type of advertising
Click here to directly opt-out of Cablato services. When you opt-out, an opt-out cookie will be stored in your web browser. Cablato will know the choice you have made when it sees your opt-out cookie. If you block or delete the opt-out cookie, Cablato will no longer see your choice.
Please see our cookies statement for information on how to delete cookies or opt-out of other behaviour targeted advertising.
However, please be aware that by opting out of behavioural advertising does not necessarily mean that you will not see advertising when you browse the internet. Adverts may still be placed but they will not be targeted based on your online behaviour.
We do not use or collect data to target advertising to children under the age of 13.